What is love without compassion?What is life without pain?
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Dictionary: a book that tells you what things mean or are
Goal: something that is wanted by the heart, mind, body and most importantly soul. It will be achieved in any way possible; accomplished in the best way possible. This definition can be found in my dictionary. It may be very similar to others or it may be nothing close to the actual meaning, what matters most is that it is what i believe and i will stand up for my belief even if i get shot down in the process. I think that in order to function correctly mentally you must have goals. Whether it be short term for example, focusing on studying to ace the biology test next week Monday or long term like getting into UCLA's department of psychology.

My way of thinking is more abstract than most, i tend to look past the problem or situation and give more of an receipt of options to the people who confide in me. Instead of dwelling on the persent you should think of how every action you do will effect you later in the long run. Is the consequence for the action worse than walking through the storm. These are questions i often ask myself. I love to be there for everyone, to be needed and most of all to have the feeling that i helped someone. I can take dirt and turn it into gold. I make any bad situation the best you had ever had. If i do not make atleast one person smile through out the day i find it hard to sleep at night. I don't exactly know why i'm like this but i personally could care less. I don't need to know the exact answer to everything. What matters most is that i understand situations.

I've always wanted to get into someone's head and really try to see where they are comming from. I love to learn new things as long as they are in my intrest of course.I'm the kind of person who when i see a good opprutunity i grab while it's hot. I wish i could motivate people to be eager to learn and to support them selves with anything they choose to do .
Slid down the rainbow at 11:30 PM
3 Comments:
  • At September 18, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Blogger sophie said…

    Ash!
    okay, your essay has lots of great ideas in it, but I think it needs work. I think some things you should work on is making this more personal. be able to show yourself, not tell. There are certain parts of the essay, "Instead of dwelling on the persent you should think of how every action you do will effect you later in the long run." I think that you should show how you do this, and maybe not use the word "you".
    And the ending is a bit unfinished. [it would be kind of cool if you showed the definition of goal be dictionary style..]

    :D

     
  • At September 22, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Ashly!
    Ideas, Awesome! Although i think that you should connect yourself more too your "awesome" ideas. you need to describe more of these topics than just explaining about them.

     
  • At September 25, 2008 at 2:23 AM, Blogger lsueoka said…

    Hi Ashly,
    I agree totally with Sophie. Her advice about making the essay more personal and doing more "show, not tell" is "spot on."
    Right now, it is a lot of generalizations, not what college admissions officers are looking for (remember all the readings we did when I introduced this assignment).
    Show how you give people advice. Include dialogue, specific situations...and I would also avoid the dictionary definition intro. It is actually an "overused" type of intro...try for something more personal and original.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
Where To?
Posts of Note
Books I Want to Read
Get me one of these books and I'll be your loyal friend for life (see below for my email address if you're actually considering the idea - not that I'm expecting you to)...
  • Snakehead
  • Morning is a Long Time Coming
  • Baby Blue
  • Incarceron
  • The Fighting Pit
  • The Hunting Forest
  • City of Flowers
  • A Small Person Far Away
  • Bombs on Aunt Dainty
  • The Other Way Round
  • The Time Withces
  • The Wild West Withches
  • Inkheart
  • Inkspell
  • Inkdeath
  • Heartsongs
  • Midnight's Choice
  • The Princess Bride
  • 1984
  • Wild Blood
  • The Magic Faraway Tree
  • The Folk of the Faraway Tree,
  • The Faraway Tree Stories
  • Old Magic
  • The Notebook
  • Friendship According to Humphrey
  • Necropolis: City of the Dead
  • Wicked of the West
  • The Greek Who Stole Christmas
  • When Santa Fell to Earth
    • ...and lots more...
Links
  • Home
  • Email me! (I'd like that)
  • Wild City Online - Writing Forums
  • Online Book Club
  • FanFiction
  • Life is a Journal
  • Naming Characters
  • Start a Reading Diary
  • Poem of the Week
  • Behind the Book
  • Read Mind Write
  • Blog Listings
  • Backgrounds

  • Books Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory